Events in Singapore
Singapore celebrates several key events throughout the year and people throng to attend them. Some people travel specifically to participate in food fests and other events.
- World Gourmet Summit, 27th March to 9th April: Celebration of fine cuisine, wines and dining
- Vesak Day, 10th May: A celebration of the birth, enlightenment and death of Lord Buddha.
- Savour, 12th May to 15th May: Annual food festival; great food, cocktails and charismas goodies
- Dragon Boat Festival, 30th May: Delicious Chinese food along with thumping drumbeats from decorated boats on the river.
- Ultra-Singapore, June 2017: Singapore’s biggest festival of electronic dance music.
- The Great Singapore Sale, June to Aug 2017: Not to miss deals, steals and bargains
- Hari Raya Aidilfitri, 25th June: Joyous Muslim festival at the end of religious fasting
- Singapore Food Festival, July 2017: A celebration Singapore’s amazing chef talent
- ZoukOut, December: Asia’s largest beach dance music festival
- Thaipusam, February: Festival held in the honor of Lord Murugan
- Chinese New Year, February: Fireworks, food, music, paper dragons and lanterns.