Amazing Facts About Abu Dhabi
There are some facts about Abu Dhabi that are enough to bewilder you and encourage you to visit the city as soon as possible, for example, Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate in terms of the total area. It is over 6 times the area combined of all the other emirates. Abu Dhabi is not only the capital of the United Arab Emirates but also the most populous city of the country. The emirate has the world’s largest concentrated solar power station at the Shams solar power station.
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque boasts of the world’s largest hand loomed carpet. The courtyard of the mosque can accommodate 40000 worshippers at a time.
- It boasts of the Ferrari World theme park. It is the world’s largest indoor theme park and the only Ferrari brand park across the globe.
- Abu Dhabi streets are known to be the first streets for the world’s best cars to hit, much before they can be seen anywhere in the world.
- By 2030, Abu Dhabi will have an impeccable and unbeatable public transport with specially built heavy and light rail roads.
- The Capital Gate tower of Abu Dhabi is the world’s furthest leaning tower with 18 degrees lean. This 35 storey tower is 160 meters tall and is four time more lean than the leaning tower of Pisa.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque boasts of the world’s biggest chandelier. Weighing more than nine tons, the chandelier is one of a kind in the world.
- The estimated population by the end of 2030 is supposed to be somewhere quadruple of 1.6 million (the present population approximately) and the city is gearing up for it.