Another highlight of the Sentosa Island is the S.E.A Aquarium (Southeast Asia Aquarium), which is one of the largest aquariums in the world. The main highlight of this place is that this aquarium is home to 49 different habitats which houses almost 100,000 marine animals of 800 species.
Each of these habitats has marine animals that are unique to that specific area. Some of the habitats that you would find here are Strait of Karimata & Java Sea, Strait of Malacca & Andaman Sea, Bay of Bengal & Laccadive Sea, Ocean Journey, Red Sea, Persian Gulf & Arabian Sea, South China Sea, East Africa, Shark Seas, etc. The aquarium also offers you the Open Ocean which is an experience that you would not forget. With a panoramic view, you would forget that you are in an aquarium and rather would feel like standing on an ocean bed. Some of the marine animals that you would be able to view here are saw fish, leopard shark, mahi mahi, goliath grouper and 50,000 more inhabitants.Apart from the habitats, S.E.A has an ocean restaurant and a sea snack bar too. After you have viewed the beautiful aquarium, you can head to the gift shop to buy some S.E.A souvenirs and gifts for yourself and your loved ones.
What to Expect
- Get easy access to one of the world’slargest aquariums
- Experience 100,000 plus underwateranimals from over 800 species
- Admire its 10 distinct zones whichrepresent close to 50 habitats
- See one of the greatest selections ofmarine animals, mainly manta rays, leopard sharks, goliath grouper etc.
- Don’t miss its section, Open Ocean, which gives you the real feel of discovering the ocean ground