If you’re willing to get off the beaten path and explore Macau’s intriguing cultural aspects, there’s a lot to see and enjoy here.
- The Casinos: Many of Macau’s casinos are extremely beautiful. Even if you aren’t into gambling, do check out the Grand Lisboa, The Venetian Casino, and Galaxy among others. Enjoy some grand music and dance performances in the casinos, to understand why Macau is known as the Vegas of the East.
- Shop in Macau-Venice: Go shopping at the Venetian Hotel & Casino, a huge building which has many water canals cutting through the spaces between buildings. The cobblestoned streets, painted ceilings, and the strong Renaissance era feel of this place will make you feel you’re actually in Venice.
- A-Ma Temple: Visit the oldest Taoist temple in Macau, the A-Ma Temple, built in the late 1400s. Built according to ancient Chinese traditions, this temple is a living testament to Macau’s ties with China before Portuguese and other colonial influences.
- Seac Pai Van Park: Visit the furry pandas at this park, enjoying their hilarious capers. It’s a must-do if you have kids along.
- Macau Tower: The Macau Tower is 338 meters tall. Many people bungee jump off this building, plunging down to the ground at an insane speed. Macau Tower is the best place for you to get a birds’ eye view of the whole of the city.
- Museum Tour: Macau has several art and history museums, and a range of special themed museums. Don’t miss visiting the Maritime Museum and the Sacred Art Museums as well. Do check out the Wine Museum for professional wine-buying advice and to taste some great wines. Also visit the Grand Prix Museum and the colonial Taipa Houses Museum.