Interesting Facts about Hong Kong
- Hong Kong’s official name is Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong SAR).
- The words ‘Hong Kong’ means ‘Fragrant Harbor’.
- Hong Kong comprises of Hong Kong Island, the New Territories, Kowloon, and a multitude of smaller islands spread over 1,092 square kilometers.
- There are more Rolls Royce’s per person in Hong Kong than in any other city in the world.
- There are more skyscrapers in Hong Kong than there are in its closest rival, New York City.
- Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated areas of the world.
- The residents of Cheung Chau Island organize a bun festival to feed the hungry ghosts on the island. This happens every year between April and May.
- The Hong Kong dollar is the eighth most traded currency in the world.
- A Dai Pai Dong is a noodle shop chain in Hong Kong, where you can get a bowl of noodles for around HK$20 and free tea.
Best Selling Hong Kong Tours
General Terms and conditions